- This hot melt provides a setting speed (so short compression time of the adhesive bond of the box) of 0.5 seconds, where most packaging hot melts have a setting speed of 1.0 to 2.0 seconds.
- This hotmelt offers heat resistance up to 65°C, where most packaging hot melt adhesive are heat resistant to 50°C
This hot melt adhesive is formulated to have a high heat resistance for hot fill applications, fast setting speed for high speed operations combined with good adhesion to more difficult substrates.
Special properties of the adhesive:
- High heat resistance
- Very fast setting speed
- High hot tack
- Good level of adhesion
- Composition : Hotmelt adhesive based on synthetic polymer (Polyolefine, PO)
- Brookfield viscosity : 2170 mPa.s (@ 160°C)
- Ball & Ring softening point : 108°C
- Open time : Medium
- Molten tack : High
- Colour : White
- Form : Pastilles
Application in EU food packaging:
Conform European Regulations on Food Safety set forth in the frame work law (1935/2004/EG) and the Plastics Implementation Measure (PIM, 10/2011/EG), this adhesive can be safely used in food packaging. It is the duty of the converter to test the final products’ food safety.
Method of application:
160°C – 180°C depending upon substrates to be bonded. Suitable for slot, nozzle or wheel systems.
Sack of 20 kg containing hot melt pastilles.
Keep in closed containers. Store in a cool and dry place preferably at 5°C – 25°C.
Use “first in first out” principle. The shelf life is three years.